Suffolk bridge reopens after firefighters tackle blaze
- Credit: Google
A major north Suffolk bridge has reopened after a fire had closed it to traffic.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service was called to reports of a blaze to the north of the A1117 bridge at Oulton Broad, near Lowestoft at around 7.45pm.
AA traffic reports said the bridge was been closed in both directions, with police and firefighters on the scene.
A Suffolk police spokesman said the force had been contacted by the fire service shortly before 8pm.
A police spokesman said the fire was in a derelict building.
You may also want to watch:
No one is thought to have been inside the building at the time.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service had dealt with the incident by 9pm.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 10 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk