Danny Boyle spotted in Suffolk - but Ed Sheeran ‘had no role to play in today’s proceedings’
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Oscar-winning director Danny Boyle was spotted outside a Suffolk cash and carry store yesterday as filming for his latest movie got under way.
Boyle was seen outside Booker Wholesale in Oulton, near Lowestoft, while filming for his new romantic comedy went on inside.
The film, which is also produced by Richard Curtis, is thought to be set in a world where The Beatles never existed.
There was a bustle of activity as the production team coordinated the day’s events, with Boyle and Curtis occasionally seen walking in and out of the store.
Publicists for Working Title Films remained tight-lipped as to the nature of yesterday’s filming, but confirmed that Baby Driver star Lily James was involved alongside Himish Patel, who played Tamwar Masood in Eastenders.
However, they went on to say that Suffolk megastar Ed Sheeran – rumoured to be making a cameo appearance in the film – had no role to play in the day’s proceedings.
Some of the movie was shot at the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston on Monday. The hospital would only confirm the filming had taken place.
- 1 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 2 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 3 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 4 Suffolk cinema to allow dog owners to bring their pets to watch films
- 5 'Abandoned' cottage and studio up for sale after huge renovation
- 6 Former Town striker Chopra out of retirement to join non-league club
- 7 Suspected wanted man chased through Suffolk village
- 8 The Range secures huge logistics hub at new A14 business park
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 10 Rail services disrupted after Needham Market bridge struck
The project will now move across Suffolk to Halesworth where production crews spent yesterday preparing various locations around the town.
It appears the town will provide the setting for a dramatic rain scene.
Nigel Kemp, owner of Halesworth Toy Shop, said: “A lot of the scenes will be done when the shops are closed and they are bringing in big rain machines for a night time rain scene.
“They told us to make sure we keep our windows and doors shut.”
Filming will be concentrated at The White Hart pub, The Hideout Café and on Halesworth Thoroughfare.
Emma Saunders, who owns The Hideout Café, said: “It will be great for the town and put Halesworth on the map.
“People are really excited and have been coming in and asking questions.”
Mrs Saunders and members of her staff are set to feature as extras when filming takes place.
She added: “We are terrified but excited.
“We have never had anything like this in Halesworth before; it will be an amazing experience.”