Danny Boyle spotted in Suffolk - but Ed Sheeran ‘had no role to play in today’s proceedings’
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Oscar-winning director Danny Boyle was spotted outside a Suffolk cash and carry store yesterday as filming for his latest movie got under way.
Boyle was seen outside Booker Wholesale in Oulton, near Lowestoft, while filming for his new romantic comedy went on inside.
The film, which is also produced by Richard Curtis, is thought to be set in a world where The Beatles never existed.
There was a bustle of activity as the production team coordinated the day’s events, with Boyle and Curtis occasionally seen walking in and out of the store.
Publicists for Working Title Films remained tight-lipped as to the nature of yesterday’s filming, but confirmed that Baby Driver star Lily James was involved alongside Himish Patel, who played Tamwar Masood in Eastenders.
You may also want to watch:
However, they went on to say that Suffolk megastar Ed Sheeran – rumoured to be making a cameo appearance in the film – had no role to play in the day’s proceedings.
Some of the movie was shot at the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston on Monday. The hospital would only confirm the filming had taken place.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 6 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 7 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
- 10 'It was always going to be' - Cook confirms Morsy as Town's club captain
The project will now move across Suffolk to Halesworth where production crews spent yesterday preparing various locations around the town.
It appears the town will provide the setting for a dramatic rain scene.
Nigel Kemp, owner of Halesworth Toy Shop, said: “A lot of the scenes will be done when the shops are closed and they are bringing in big rain machines for a night time rain scene.
“They told us to make sure we keep our windows and doors shut.”
Filming will be concentrated at The White Hart pub, The Hideout Café and on Halesworth Thoroughfare.
Emma Saunders, who owns The Hideout Café, said: “It will be great for the town and put Halesworth on the map.
“People are really excited and have been coming in and asking questions.”
Mrs Saunders and members of her staff are set to feature as extras when filming takes place.
She added: “We are terrified but excited.
“We have never had anything like this in Halesworth before; it will be an amazing experience.”