Oven sparks kitchen fire

A FIRE broke out in a kitchen at a home in Stowmarket this afternoon.

Fire crews were called to the property in Edgar Avenue at around 1.20pm.

As they arrived at the scene the fire, which broke out in an oven, had been extinguished and they made the scene safe, investigating to make sure it had not spread.

The incident was under control by 1.40pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus