Electricity restored after over 700 homes lost power in region
- Credit: Archant
Engineers were investigating several power outages across the region
Power has now been restored to over 500 homes in Mid Suffolk in areas such as Mendlesham, Wetheringsett, Rishangles and Eye.
23 homes stil remain without power. UK Power Network hope to have power on here by 5pm tonight.
A spokesperson for UK Power Network said: “UK Power Networks engineers are heading to site to work as safely and quickly as possible to repair a fault on a piece of electrical equipment at Eye.
“Power was interrupted to 568 customers at around 12.10pm today. We appreciate how difficult it is to be without power and apologise for any inconvenience caused.”
You may also want to watch:
UK Power Networks hope to get the power back on between 1.30 and 2.30pm.
In Essex another 200 customers were without power in the CO12 5 postcode, which covers Little Oakley, Great Oakley and Ramsey areas.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
Electricity was up and running here by 2pm.
A further 35 homes were without power in Carlton Colville near Lowestoft.
In all cases the power cuts are thought to have come from faults in high voltage overhead electricity lines.