Community choir to hold concert mark end of First World War
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A community choir will hold a concert commemorating the end of the First World War with music from around the world.
The 40-strong Quire group from in and around the Colchester area will sing songs sung in the trenches as well as the work of women in the war during the Pack Up Your Troubles event.
The programme has been put together by Quire’s Musical Director Bill Tamblyn, who said: “My father fought in the First World War.He returned wounded and traumatised. But he also had tremendous resilience, borne of his experience, and of course, he had a fund of stories.
“It is the inspiration this man gave me, and the imagination of his stories that led me to create this programme, as a tribute to men and women like him who gave so much for their country at that time.”
Pack Up Your Troubles will be presented at Peldon and the Wigboroughs Community Hall, Church Road, Peldon.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £10 and available from www.quire.org or by calling 01206 735770.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 3 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 4 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 9 Missing person from Braintree has been found
- 10 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season