Paddington all set to be a visitor to Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
Paddington, the star of the current film “Paddington 2”, is set to appear in Bury St Edmunds, next week.
He is in the town between 5pm and 7pm on Thursday, December 14, where late night shoppers will be able to come face to face with him.
The film is showing at the Abbeygate Cinema and Cineworld and parking in the town is free after 4pm.
Meanwhile, outside Moyses Hall Museum, on Cornhill, visitors will also be able to see the baby reindeer and its mother who were a huge hit at the Our Bury St Edmunds Christmas Lights Switch On event earlier this month. There is no charge to meet Paddington, who is also currently the star of the Marks and Spencer Christmas advertisement, or to see the reindeer.
Chief executive of Our Bury St Edmunds, Mark Cordell, said: “I’m thrilled that Paddington is visiting Bury St Edmunds and we will be stocking up on marmalade in case he fancies one of his favourite sandwiches during his visit. There will be opportunities for people to take photos and we’re looking forward to Paddington meeting as many of his fans as he possibly can.”
You may also want to watch:
Many of the shops will be open late that evening and the vintage dodgems and carousel, part of the Our Bury St Edmunds and town council’s attractions at the Arc Shopping Centre will also be open until 7.30pm. Santa will be in his log cabin grotto in Charter Square until 5pm.
Further information about Christmas activities in Bury St Edmunds can be found by visiting www.ourburystedmunds.com/Christmas
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 6 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 9 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 10 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge