Pair jailed after man suffers ‘violent and unprovoked attack’ in Colchester
- Credit: Lucy taylor
Two men who were part of a six-man gang have been jailed for six years each after violently assaulting a man in Colchester.
Temitayo Akinola, 21, of Vincent Street, Canning Town and Teni Ladega, 20, of Hesper Road, Colchester, were sentenced at Chelmsford Crown Court on Friday, following the culmination of a week’s trial where they were found guilty of Grievous Bodily Harm with intent.
The pair were sentenced following an attack on a 21-year-old man from Clacton, who was attacked in Queen Street, Colchester on December, 21 2013.
The man was punched to the floor and repeatedly kicked and stamped on his head and face.
He gave evidence during last week’s trial of his ordeal.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer Dc Yusseff Rahmani-Manesh said: “This was a violent and unprovoked attack on a victim who was trying to assist a young lady being harassed by a group of men during a busy Christmas period. The physical injuries were serious, and took some months for the victim to return to some sense of normality. The psychological effects on both the victim and his family have been more long term, but hopefully they will now be able to move forward.”
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 5 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 6 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 9 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash
- 10 Body found in the River Orwell