Teenagers arrested after pair seen running across A14
Two people were seen running across the A14 near Bury St Edmunds - prompting a police appeal.
The incident happened during the afternoon of Monday, July 1, when the pair were reportedly seen running in and out of traffic close to junction 43 at Bury St Edmunds and junction 41 at Risby.
They were seen running on both the east and west carriageways of the busy road.
Police said the incident caused a lot of disruption to traffic and officers had to put several roadblocks on to protect the safety of both the two individuals and the public.
Officers later arrested two 15-year-old girls.
You may also want to watch:
They were taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre and subsequently released under investigation.
Motorists with any dash-cam footage of the incident should get in touch with Suffolk police on 101, quoting crime number 37/38218/19.
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 6 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 7 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 8 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 9 How busy was Bury St Edmunds town centre as lockdown eased?
- 10 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house