Teenagers arrested after pair seen running across A14
Two people were seen running across the A14 near Bury St Edmunds - prompting a police appeal.
The incident happened during the afternoon of Monday, July 1, when the pair were reportedly seen running in and out of traffic close to junction 43 at Bury St Edmunds and junction 41 at Risby.
They were seen running on both the east and west carriageways of the busy road.
Police said the incident caused a lot of disruption to traffic and officers had to put several roadblocks on to protect the safety of both the two individuals and the public.
Officers later arrested two 15-year-old girls.
They were taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre and subsequently released under investigation.
Motorists with any dash-cam footage of the incident should get in touch with Suffolk police on 101, quoting crime number 37/38218/19.
- 1 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 2 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 3 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 4 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 5 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 6 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 7 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 8 Major west Suffolk road closed 'for some time' after lorry and car crash
- 9 Look inside: Stunning £3m home is most expensive on market in Suffolk
- 10 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm