ActivLives host ‘Come and Try’ taster session in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
ActivLives has hosted a ‘Come and Try’ taster session in Ipswich - including a special appearance from GB paralympic boccia player Evie Edwards.
The event, at the Salvation Army Ipswich Priory Centre, provided a range of taster activities including yoga, kurling, ping pong, new age bowls and boccia.
More than 40 people attended the event which was aimed at anyone over the age of 45 who is currently in-active but wants to get involved with some social, physical activities.
Mike McCarthy, from ActivIpswich, said: “These showcase events are all about encouraging those who might not consider themselves particularly ‘sporty’ to come along and to give it a go.
“We continue to find that there is a real interest amongst this age group, particularly whose who are over 65, in getting involved in social sports activities.
You may also want to watch:
“It is brilliant to see.”
For more information on upcoming events see www.activelives.org.uk
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 6 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 7 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed