Paramedic suspended after allegation
A SUFFOLK-based paramedic has been suspended from duty after a serious criminal allegation was made against him, it has been revealed.The man, who has not been named, has been suspended from the East Anglian Ambulance Service while police carry out an investigation into the alleged offence.
By Danielle Nuttall
A SUFFOLK-based paramedic has been suspended from duty after a serious criminal allegation was made against him, it has been revealed.
The man, who has not been named, has been suspended from the East Anglian Ambulance Service while police carry out an investigation into the alleged offence.
The incident was alleged to have happened while the man was off-duty.
An allegation was made in the past two or three days and the man was being questioned by police in Suffolk during the weekend. He is not believed to have been charged.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said yesterday: “A man has been suspended this weekend following a serious allegation made against him.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 3 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 4 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 5 'One or two we're speaking to' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 6 'I'm not here to settle' - Walton sets sights high after permanent Town move
- 7 McKenna on offers for Harper and El Mizouni and Fraser's Town future
- 8 Town could lose its Post Office branch in triple closure shock
- 9 Glamping pods and shepherd huts proposed in holiday site expansion
- 10 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
“He is being questioned by police this weekend. The allegation against him and the circumstances surrounding it was when he was off-duty.
“He has been suspended because of the seriousness of the allegation. We are co-operating fully with the police and their enquiries and obviously we take any allegations against any members of our staff very seriously.”
The spokesman added that the man would be suspended until the police investigation was complete.
A spokesperson for Suffolk Constabulary refused to comment last night.