Paramedic suspended after allegation
A SUFFOLK-based paramedic has been suspended from duty after a serious criminal allegation was made against him, it has been revealed.The man, who has not been named, has been suspended from the East Anglian Ambulance Service while police carry out an investigation into the alleged offence.
By Danielle Nuttall
A SUFFOLK-based paramedic has been suspended from duty after a serious criminal allegation was made against him, it has been revealed.
The man, who has not been named, has been suspended from the East Anglian Ambulance Service while police carry out an investigation into the alleged offence.
The incident was alleged to have happened while the man was off-duty.
You may also want to watch:
An allegation was made in the past two or three days and the man was being questioned by police in Suffolk during the weekend. He is not believed to have been charged.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said yesterday: “A man has been suspended this weekend following a serious allegation made against him.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 8 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
“He is being questioned by police this weekend. The allegation against him and the circumstances surrounding it was when he was off-duty.
“He has been suspended because of the seriousness of the allegation. We are co-operating fully with the police and their enquiries and obviously we take any allegations against any members of our staff very seriously.”
The spokesman added that the man would be suspended until the police investigation was complete.
A spokesperson for Suffolk Constabulary refused to comment last night.