Park probe sees eleventh arrest
A TOTAL of eleven people have been arrested after a 21-year-old man was found with serious injuries at Orwell Country Park earlier this week.
A total of 11 people have been arrested in connection with an incident that left a young man fighting for his life.
A 24-year-old Ipswich woman was arrested today on suspicion of attempted murder, after Liam Rumsey, 21, was found with serious injuries at Orwell Country Park in Naction on Monday, May 3.
She is currently in custody at the Ipswich police station.
Five others arrested over the past two days remain in custody at Ipswich and Bury St Edmunds police stations.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Rumsey, of Atherton Road, Chantry, where he lives with his mother, brother and younger sister, remains in a critical but stable condition at Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
He suffered multiple and life-threatening injuries during the alleged attack, which took place on Monday.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 9 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
Police are renewing their appeals for anyone in the area of Orwell Country Park between 3pm and 4pm on Monday to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Suffolk and Norfolk Major Investigation Team on 01473 613500.