Section of M25 closed in Essex after lorry crash
- Credit: PA
A large section of the M25 in Essex is closed this morning after a lorry carrying flammable liquids crashed and overturned.
The motorway is closed anti-clockwise between Junction 27 (M11) and Junction 25 (Waltham Cross/Cheshunt) and the recovery is expected to take some time.
Severe delays are being reported on the approach to the closure and motorists are being advised to allow additional time if travelling in the area or to seek an alternative route.
The crash happened around 7.10pm yesterday when a lorry collided with the nearside barrier and came to rest down the motorway embankment near to a brook for the River Lea.
A crane is required to lift the vehicle and Essex Fire and Rescue Service is at the scene providing support.
You may also want to watch:
Highways England said the road will remain closed throughout the morning peak and into the afternoon.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 6 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 7 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 10 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station