Parts of Aldeburgh High Street to close as work to repair collapsed sewer gets underway
‘Complicated’ emergency work to repair a section of collapsed sewer in Aldeburgh is set to get started today.
Anglia Water was told about the problem over the weekend and has carried out investigations to work out how to fix the problem.
As the work takes place, the water firm are set to close one lane of the High Street at a time with temporary traffic lights.
It is expected the work will be completed by the end of the month.
Regan Harris, from Anglian Water, said: “To allow the work to be completed as quickly and safely as possible, unfortunately we need to close one lane at a time on the High Street near the junction with Victoria Road and put temporary traffic lights in place.
You may also want to watch:
“We know this work is going to be disruptive to residents and road users in Aldeburgh and we’re sorry for that.
“However, it’s important we repair this sewer as quickly as possible to prevent any further damage to the road and to protect pedestrians and commuters.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
“Due to the location and nature of the damage to the sewer pipe the repair is complicated.
“We estimate that work should be completed by the end of the month and we will be doing everything we can to get things back to normal as soon as possible, including working over the weekend.”
All businesses in the High Street area will be open as normal throughout the course of the repair work.