Parts of Suffolk turned white in isolated snow showers during freezing overnight temperatures
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
A field near Yoxford was photographed this morning with a dusting of snow, have you had snow year you?
Snow fall in Suffolk was unlikely according to forecasters, but some parts of county have woken up to light coverings of the white stuff.
With temperatures dropping down to below freezing across the county, the gritters have been out in force today.
On Twitter, dustings of snow were reported in Saxmundham and other parts of east Suffolk as well, but most seems to have fallen north of the border in Norfolk, with the showers turning to sleet and rain as it reached Suffolk.
Chris Bell, meteorologist at Weatherquest, said more snow in Suffolk is becoming less and less likely as we go into the afternoon today (November 22).
You may also want to watch:
He said: “From here on out the showers are going to get less frequent. There might have been some snow showers overnight, but the risk of snow showers is decreasing as we go into the afternoon.
“There might be one or two wintry showers later but in Suffolk a lot of it will be a sleet and rain mixture.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
“Monday will be a dry and cold day with highs of 3C or 4C. Rain will arrive in the night (on Monday) and that will be the leading edge of the mild weather, bringing highs of 8C or 10C for the rest of the week.
“There might be some particularly cold temperatures at night but snow is not likely.
“We are not expecting any more snow in the next week to ten days but we are going into winter, so obviously temperatures are going to fall at some point.”
Do you have any pictures of snowy Suffolk from this weekend? Send them in to email@example.com or Tweet @EADT24