Passengers delayed on Greater Anglia services between Suffolk and London as signal fault sparks cancellations
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A signal fault is delaying Greater Anglia trains on the main line between Norwich and London this evening.
Passengers travelling between Suffolk, Essex and London are being warned their trains may be cancelled, revised at short notice or delayed.
Services are running at a reduced speed on some lines because of a fault between Shenfield and Gidea Park and disruption is expected until at least 9pm.
Trains to and from Witham, Colchester, Manningtree, Clacton, Ipswich, Stowmarket, Diss and Norwich are being affected.
Passengers heading towards Ipswich and Norwich are being encouraged to use train services between Liverpool Street and Cambridge as an alternative route.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere in Suffolk, services running between Ipswich and Lowestoft are also being affected by a signalling issue.
Train services running to and from Lowestoft may be cancelled, delayed or revised, Greater Anglia bosses said.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 5 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 6 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 7 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 8 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 9 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 10 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
Disruption on this line is expected until around 10pm.
Both Greater Anglia and Network Rail have apologised for the disruption.
Updates for specific trains can be found via the rail operator’s JourneyCheck tool.