Pensioner shaken after handbag snatch
A PENSIONER was left shaken after she was robbed of her handbag while walking in an alleyway in a north Suffolk town.The theft happened on the grounds of St Peters Court, towards St Peters Street, in Lowestoft, around 4.
A PENSIONER was left shaken after she was robbed of her handbag while walking in an alleyway in a north Suffolk town.
The theft happened on the grounds of St Peters Court, towards St Peters Street, in Lowestoft, around 4.50pm yesterday.
As the 78-year-old went through a gate from a walkway into an alleyway she felt a sharp tug on her bag and then realised someone was trying to steal it.
She pulled it back and began shouting but the offender managed to take the bag from her grasp and ran off towards Thurston Road, through the grounds of St Peters and Chapel Court.
You may also want to watch:
The beige vinyl shopping bag, which had two short handles and measured 18in by 20in, contained a purple purse, a small amount of cash, cards and personal items including photographs that were of sentimental value.
The offender is described as white, of medium build, 5ft 9in tall, wearing dark clothing, a light coloured hat that was tight to his head and light coloured trainers.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 6 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
Anyone with information or who may have found the bag should cal Lowestoft CID on 01986 835100 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.