Pensioner suffers smoke inhalation

AN elderly woman suffered smoke inhalation after a fire in the kitchen of her Essex home.

Annie Davidson

AN elderly woman suffered smoke inhalation after a fire in the kitchen of her Essex home.

The 77-year-old's house in Penfold Road, Clacton, became heavily smoke-logged from the blaze at 1.10pm today and firefighters from the town went to the incident.

They used two hose reels to douse the flames which took 20 minutes to put out.


You may also want to watch:


The woman was cared for at the scene by paramedics and was not believed to be seriously injured.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus