Percussive guitarist Robert Castellani returns to Ipswich venue
- Credit: Archant
Guitar concert at St Peter’s by the Waterfront
Suffolk guitarist, Robert Castellani returns to Ipswich on Saturday September 26 for a solo show featuring his unique percussive acoustic guitar style.
The concert at St Peter’s by the Waterfront marks an annual return to the venue.
Robert is a three-time Guitarist of the Year grand finalist and was named in Acoustic Guitars magazine’s list of 30 of the world’s great guitarists under 30. So crowds can expect some guitar playing of the highest order.Robert comes fresh from a concert in Ireland with folk-rock legend Newton Faulkner.
The show in West Kerry was a tribute to their tutor and hero Eric Roche, an artist he plans to feature heavily in this concert; “This month marks the the tenth anniversary of the passing of the great guitarist” says Robert.
You may also want to watch:
“After the trip to Ireland to help celebrate and remember him, I have some great new stories and music I would love to share with others”.
The programme of music contains a wide variety of styles, from Celtic inspired folk songs, Bach Cello preludes, through to original compositions influenced by rock, blues, funk and everything in-between. Many of the pieces played are from Robert’s debut album released last year.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
Entitled ‘Stickman’, the album gained top reviews and elevated his status in the guitar scene.
Having studied a classical music degree, Robert has written pieces for piano trio, percussion quartet, orchestra, solo piano and many more.
He is also a lecturer in music at Suffolk New College and a popular guitar tutor.
All of this experience at the age of only 28 means that his solo shows benefit from a wealth of ideas and creates a mesmerising show.
The audience have an extra treat in store for them with a support set from the talented Isaac Dalglish. Twelve year-old Isaac is the younger sibling of Tilly Dalglish, a folk singer-songwriter who has gained great popularity in recent years with multiple appearances at festivals and shows across the UK.
Tickets are priced at £5 in advance from www.stpetersbythewaterfront.com or £6 on the door.
Doors open at 7.30pm.