Person struck by train near Colchester Town railway station
A person was airlifted to hospital with suspected life-changing injuries after being hit by a train near Colchester.
Officers from British Transport Police (BTP) were called to the incident close to Colchester Town station at 5.45pm yesterday following reports of a casualty on the tracks.
Paramedics attended and a person was airlifted to hospital with what are believed to be life-changing injuries, a spokesman for the BTP said.
Train services running through Colchester Town, a terminus station on the Clacton line, were completely suspended until this morning. The main line through Colchester station was not affected by the incident
All lines are now open.
You may also want to watch:
An investigation is now underway to establish the full circumstances of the incident.
Anyone with information can contact BTP by texting 61016 or calling 0800 405040, quoting reference 440 of 11/02/19.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 4 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 5 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 6 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 7 'Managers don't get enough credit' - Walton delighted as Town deliver big win for boss Cook at Pompey
- 8 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 9 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 10 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout