Former England keeper Peter Shilton helps launch Essex charity’s first gala dinner
- Credit: Archant
Former England goalkeeper Peter Shilton OBE and his wife Steph have helped launch Mid and North Essex Mind’s first gala dinner.
The mental health charity will host the event on Thursday October 10 at Colchester United’s football stadium in celebration of Mental Health Day.
Mrs Shilton, a trustee for the charity said: “I’m so excited about the Gala Dinner and overwhelmed by the huge response we’ve received. Mental health is a subject close to so many people’s hearts, and there is such a need for support.”
Mr Shilton added: “I’m so proud that my wife continues to support her hometown and her chosen charity, she’s working extremely hard in delivering an amazing charity event in October.
“It’s terrific that Colchester United, sporting legends and great celebrities are all attending to support World Mental Health Day for Mid and North East Essex Mind.”
You may also want to watch:
James McQuiggan, chief executive of Mid and North East Essex Mind, said: “We are pleased to be hosting our first Gala Dinner in Colchester and to be joined by Peter and Steph.
“The event will mark World Mental Health Day, where mental health organisations from across the globe will come together to raise awareness and increase support for mental health.
- 1 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 2 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 7 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 8 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 10 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
“The money we raise at this event will allow us to grow our mental healthcare services locally.”
For more information and where to buy tickets, see here.