Pippins Nursery, based in White Colne near Colchester in Essex, celebrates 25th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A north-east Essex pre-school has celebrated its 25th anniversary by recreating a photograph taken on one of its first days.
Pippins Nursery, based in White Colne near Colchester, has been rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted since it opened in September 1992.
The nursery, officially named Pippins Montessori LLP, was founded by Sally Scobie, who was pictured on one of the pre-school’s first days with daughter Issy Scobie and fellow pupil Holly Winser, now both aged 27.
The trio met up at the pre-school 25 years later to recreate the photograph, to mark the milestone.
Mrs Scobie, who was joined by her business partner Anita Huckle in 2004, said: “Our continued success is down to adapting to meet the changes required to accommodate the needs of today’s parents and their children along, with the demands of successive governments”.
Children enjoy activities ranging from yoga and music to French and a fruit farm.
In 2011, the pre-school opened a baby room which accepts children aged from three months, extending the care offered until they leave at around the age of five.
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 5 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 9 Aston Villa loanee Louie Barry is the forgotten signing at Ipswich Town... he'll be hoping to get his chance this week
- 10 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident