Plane makes Stansted emergency landing
AN aeroplane carrying holidaymakers has made an emergency landing at Stansted Airport.The plane was heading from Newcastle to Larnaca airport in Cyprus when the captain reported a haze in the cabin.
AN aeroplane carrying holidaymakers has made an emergency landing at Stansted Airport.
The plane was heading from Newcastle to Larnaca airport in Cyprus when the captain reported a haze in the cabin.
A spokeswoman for Thomson said the flight “landed as normal” at Stansted at 9.35am this morning.
The captain then decided to evacuate the 154 passengers and seven crew using the emergency chutes.
You may also want to watch:
She said a couple of people suffered friction burns from the slides.
There was no disruption reported at Stansted as a result of the incident.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 5 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 6 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 10 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
For full story see tomorrow's EADT.