Planet Blue Buttermarket store to close
IPSWICH Town Football Club will close their Planet Blue store in the town's Buttermarket next month.Bosses at the club blamed tough market factors and an increase in online shopping for the decision to shut the shop on Sunday, February 7.
IPSWICH Town Football Club will close their Planet Blue store in the town's Buttermarket shopping centre next month.
Bosses at the club blamed tough market factors and an increase in online shopping for the decision to shut the shop on Sunday, February 7.
The decision is part of a move to 'streamline' the retail arm of the Blues, to increase focus on the Portman Road superstore which will now open on Sundays from February 14.
Andrew Goulborn, Town's sales and marketing director, said: “We will be concentrating our efforts on the Portman Road store.
You may also want to watch:
“We are also experiencing a continued growth in customers shopping online.
“That, along with the need to streamline our retail operation in a tough market, are factors that have been considered in making this decision.”
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 5 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 6 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 9 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 10 Sweltering Suffolk could see hottest day this year ahead of thunderstorms
Mr Goulborn added the club was looking to enhance its online service for match tickets.