Plans for 64 new houses in Needham Market have been submitted
- Credit: Google Earth
Plans for 64 new homes in Needham Market have been put forward to the council.
The application for the site north west of Hill House Lane, has been submitted by Ben Elvin Planning Consultancy.
The planning statement said there will be a mixture of one, two, three and four-bedroom properties of both houses and bungalows if approved.
The proposed development also includes 22 affordable homes.
The 2.3 hectare site forms part of a larger field that is framed by the B1113 to the north-east and Hill House Lane to the south-east.
You may also want to watch:
Planning agents said in the application: "The amount of development is considered proportionate to the site and enables the delivery of policy compliant access, parking/manoeuvring space, open space, amenity space and landscaping provision.
"The amount of development is thereby not out of character with the density of surrounding development and is therefore appropriate in this setting."
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 6 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 7 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 8 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 9 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
The site lies close to the watercourse running under Bradley Bridge, however it is well outside the identified Flood Zones two and three, and is not within the conservation area nor in the immediate vicinity of any listed buildings.