Plastic flower pot leads to 999 call

A SMALL fire in a plastic flower pot containing an incense stick led to fire crews being called out to Needham Market early today.

Firefighters from Stowmarket and Needham Market were sent to a house in Crowley Road just after 1.15am.

They had been called after a smell of burning was reported.

Elsewhere fire crews from Hadleigh and Ipswich went to a house in Canterbury Gardens in Hadleigh at 5.45am.

Although someone had called the fire service to say they could smell burning, firefighters said it was a false alarm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus