Playford student to host sponsored walk and run in aid of the British Red Cross
- Credit: Archant
A student from Playford is holding a charity walk and run to raise money for refugees in crisis.
Abigail Roberts, who is donating proceeds to the British Red Cross, said: “Like lots of people, I have been deeply affected by the refugee crisis overseas and wanted to do something about it.”
“I am hoping as many people as possible will join me on either a sponsored walk or sponsored run to help raise money.”
The event will take place on March 3 at Playford Village Hall, and a choice of three different distances means all abilities are catered for.
Paul Fleet, Senior Community Fundraiser for British Red Cross in Norfolk and Suffolk, said: “I would like to thank Abigail and her family for putting on this event. We are currently delivering food, medicine and blankets to people in desperate need and this event will go a long way to helping that work.
You may also want to watch:
“Without the support of people like Abigail, we would really struggle to provide our services. I really hope the people of Playford and the surrounding area would like to support this fantastic event.”
For registration details, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 4 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 5 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 6 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 7 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 8 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 9 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 10 Road reopens after crash in Ipswich street