Playford: Two people cut free from car wreck with injuries
Firefighters were called to cut two people free from the wreckage of a road collision near Ipswich.
The crash happened when two cars collided on the Little Bealings to Tuddenham road, in Playford.
Fire crews from Woodbridge and from Ipswich’s Princes Street and Colchester Road stations were called to the scene just after 7.10pm last night.
Neither car had overturned but two people - one in each vehicle - were unable to free themselves from the wreckage because of their injuries.
Firefighters used hydraulic cutting equipment to remove the roofs of the vehicles - a Renault Laguna and a Vauxhall Astra. The extent of injuries is yet unclear but neither are thought to be in a life threatening condition.
You may also want to watch:
Check this website for updates.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 4 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 5 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 6 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
- 7 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 8 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 9 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 10 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'