Bucket collectors needed in Sudbury to help people in crisis
- Credit: Archant
A plea has been issued by the British Red Cross who are looking for people to help with a bucket collection at Sudbury Tesco.
It is taking place on Saturday, May 5, and the charity is looking for people to do a two-hour shift from either 9am to 11am, 11am to 1pm, 1pm to 3pm or 3pm to 5pm.
All the kit – tabards, buckets and stickers will be provided.
Senior community fundraiser for Norfolk and Suffolk, Paul Fleet, said: “I am really excited that we have been given permission to collect at Tesco Sudbury. I am hoping we can find enough volunteers to help. Bucket collections are an easy and fun way of supporting the vital work of British Red Cross in Suffolk.
“Many people think of British Red Cross as a national or international charity and are unaware of what we do locally.”
You may also want to watch:
It offers First Aid training, First Aid provision at events, a wheelchair and other mobility loan service, a Help from Hospital service and a refugee and family reunification service in Norfolk and Suffolk.
If you would like to get involved with the collection contact Paul on either 01603 253 412 or email@example.com
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 4 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 5 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 6 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 7 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial