Man airlifted to hospital after stabbing near shops
- Credit: JAKE FOXFORD
A man has been airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital following a stabbing in the Greenstead area of Colchester.
Essex Police were called to the scene in Hunwicke Road around 7.40am Friday, May 22, following reports the man had been stabbed.
Two men have been arrested and taken into custody.
The victim has been airlifted to hospital by the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance for treatment of his injuries.
A spokesman for Essex Police said they believe the incident to have been a “targeted attack”.
You may also want to watch:
A cordon remains in place outside the shops, as well as at a property in nearby Forest Road.
Pictures from the scene have also shown an officer and police dog searching nearby bushes.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 6 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 7 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 8 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 9 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay