Police urge companies to be vigilant following business park burglaries
- Credit: Archant
Industrial equipment, tools and diesel was stolen from a business park near Eye after three burglaries.
Police are appealing for witnesses and urging businesses to be vigilant following the incidents at Oaksmere Business Park in Yaxley between 5pm on Monday, March 25 and 9am on Wednesday, March 27.
Thieves forced their way into secure compounds and portable buildings at the site, in the vicinity of Potash Lane and Yaxley Road, by smashing padlocks and damaging roller doors.
Industrial equipment and both manual and power tools were stolen along with diesel from a tank on site.
Diesel was also drained from vehicles left on site, which have since been recovered in Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
Officers believe these incidents are linked and enquiries are ongoing.
Anyone who witnessed any of the incidents, saw any suspicious activity or has knowledge of these incidents, can contact Suffolk police on 101, quoting reference 37/17235/19.
- 1 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 4 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 5 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 6 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 7 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 8 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 9 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 10 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
Information can also be reported online on the Suffolk police website at www.suffolk.police.uk/contact-us/existing-report-update
Alternatively, people can contact Crimestoppers, anonymously on 0800 555111 or via their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org