Police appeal after Ipswich stabbing
A MAN has received hospital treatment after being stabbed in the neck during a fight in a Suffolk town.The man, believed to be in his mid 20s, received his injuries following an incident at the Caribbean Club in Woodbridge Road, Ipswich.
A MAN has received hospital treatment after being stabbed in the neck during a fight in a Suffolk town.
The man, believed to be in his mid 20s, received his injuries following an incident at the Caribbean Club in Woodbridge Road, Ipswich.
It happened in the early hours of December 23, although it is understood the casualty's injuries are not life threatening.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said: “We received a call to the Caribbean Club at about 3am to reports of several people who were injured.
You may also want to watch:
“We treated a man for a stab wound to his neck and he was taken to Ipswich Hospital. We also treated a man for a stab wound to his arm.”
It is not known whether the second man's injuries were bad enough to need hospital treatment.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 9 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 10 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
A police spokeswoman said: “We were called to the Caribbean Club by ambulance crews at around 3.05am and a man was subsequently taken to Ipswich Hospital with a cut to his neck.”
Police were unable to confirm whether the assaults had taken place inside the club or on the street outside.
The spokeswoman said: “We are unable to release any further details on the injured man because our enquiries are still ongoing. We would ask for anyone who saw anything to contact us.”
The road outside the club was sealed off on Saturday morning as officers conducted their inquiries.
Meanwhile, ambulance crews were also called to Tacket Street in Ipswich early on Saturday after a man was assaulted.
A spokesman said they were called at around 1am where they treated a man with facial injuries. He was taken to the temporary medical centre set up by St John's Ambulance in Cardinal Park to help people with minor medical emergencies during one of the busiest nights of the year.
Anyone with information on the stabbings is asked to call Suffolk police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.