Police appeal after two die in crash
TWO people were killed after a horrific accident in north Suffolk.Police are launching an investigation into the tragedy and have made an urgent appeal for any witnesses to come forward.
TWO people were killed after a horrific accident in north Suffolk.
Police are launching an investigation into the tragedy and have made an urgent appeal for any witnesses to come forward.
The accident happened at about 6pm on Saturday on the A146 road between Beccles and Lowestoft at North Cove close to the Marsh Lane roundabout.
Suffolk police have revealed few details of the accident but said a collision took place between a blue Suzuki Wagon R car and a Kawasaki motorcyle.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police confirmed that two people died as a result of the collision.
"We will not be releasing any further details until all the next of kin of those who died have been informed," she said.
- 1 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 4 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 5 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 6 'The bigger picture is the result' - Cook on Crewe win
- 7 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Crewe win
- 8 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 9 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 10 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-1 win against Crewe
Investigating officers are still trying to establish the details of the accident.
The A146 is one of the busiest routes in north Suffolk linking Lowestoft and Beccles.
It is also the main road from the Lowestoft area to Norwich and is popular with holidaymakers and day-trippers visiting north Suffolk from the Bury St Edmunds area using the A14 and A143.
"It is likely that there were a number of motorists in the area who may have seen the Suzuki car or the Kawasaki motorcycle before the accident took place.
"We would appeal to anyone who witnessed the collision or saw the vehicles in the area earlier to contact us," said the police spokesman.
Suffolk police are expected to release the names of the two people who died later today.
Anyone who was in the area at the time or has any information is asked to contact Halesworth Traffic Unit on 01986 835350.