Police appeal after two road accidents
POLICE are appealing for witnesses to two major road accidents on Christmas Eve which left one person dead and another two seriously injured.The first happened when a Ford Escort car left the Colchester bound A12 near Marks Tey at around 7am.
POLICE are appealing for witnesses to two major road accidents on Christmas Eve which left one person dead and another two seriously injured.
The first happened when a Ford Escort car left the Colchester bound A12 near Marks Tey at around 7am.
The fatal accident happened on the Ipswich-bound carriageway of the three-lane road, just before the Stanway turnoff.
It is believed the young woman lost control of a blue Ford Escort, which left the road to the near side and collided with trees.
You may also want to watch:
The sole occupant, who has not yet been named, was declared dead at the scene.
No other vehicle was involved in the crash.
- 1 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 2 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 7 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 8 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 9 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
Police closed off both the carriageway and the slip road leading on to the A12 from the A120. Traffic was diverted via Marks Tey.
The second accident happened at around 5.50pm on Ferrers Road, South Woodham Ferrers, when a Citroen heading towards Chelmsford was in collision with a Ford Fiesta travelling in the opposite direction.
Three fire crews, including a special rescue unit, were sent to the scene and officers used cutting gear to remove the roof of the Fiesta in order to rescue the woman driver.
Both she and the man who was driving the Citroen were taken to Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford.
Both suffered serious injuries in the crash.
Anyone with any information about the Colchester fatal accident is asked to call Pc John Simpson at Stanway Road Policing Unit on 01206 762512.
Witnesses to the South Woodham Ferrers crash are asked to contact Chelmsford Road Policing Unit on 01245 452 918.