Police appeal to trace witness
BRITISH Transport Police are appealing to the public for help to trace a key witness to an attack at Ipswich station last year.On October 27 2008 a 21-year-old Polish national was waiting at the station near the bus stop in the early hours of the morning.
BRITISH Transport Police are appealing to the public for help to trace a key witness to an attack at Ipswich station last year.
On October 27 2008 a 21-year-old Polish national was waiting at the station near the bus stop in the early hours of the morning.
At about 3.20 am the man was approached by three males who attacked him before stealing his rucksack.
The victim refers to a 'passer by' in his statement, who assisted him giving him the number for the emergency services.
It is not known whether this person actually witnessed the incident but officers are very keen to trace the individual.
Three people have been arrested in connection with the incident and are currently on police bail.
- 1 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 2 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 3 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 4 Town take up option on Tyreece Simpson... plus two other youngsters update
- 5 £1.5million project set to turn north Essex towns into giant gaming areas
- 6 Police release picture of man after dog walker threatened in Sudbury
- 7 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 8 New curator appointed at Suffolk tourist attraction
- 9 Suffolk celebrates! Full list of county's 185 street parties for the Queen's jubilee
- 10 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
If you are the 'passer by' or you know who it was please contact DC 2461 Alan Reed at Ipswich British Transport Police on 01473 693234.