Police arrest two men over Ipswich petrol station burglary
Two men have been arrested in connection with the burglary of a petrol station on the Chantry estate in Ipswich.
In the early hours of Wednesday, July 15, entry was forced to a filling station in Ellenbrook Road by smashing a window and cash and cigarettes were stolen.
At about 1.40am on Monday a Land Rover was seen by police to be driving at speed along Ellenbrook Road and was subsequently pursued by officers along several roads on the Chantry estate, before it collided with a parked car in Greenfinch Avenue.
The vehicle was later discovered to have been stolen from Essex.
Luke Stuttard, 25, of Wren Avenue, Ipswich, was charged with burglary and also aggravated vehicle taking and dangerous driving in relation to these incidents. He appeared before South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court earlier today.
You may also want to watch:
A second man, 26, and of no fixed address, was also arrested in connection with these incidents. He is currently being questioned by officers at Martlesham Police investigation Centre.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 7 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 8 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn