Police attempt to trace man who was possibly injured after robbery
Police need to trace a man who may have sustained a facial injury following a robbery incident in Bury Road in Brandon yesterday.
A 22-year-old man was walking along the road near the junction with Rattler’s Road around 10.30pm on Wednesday, when he saw a man walking towards him.
As the man passed the 22-year-old he briefly spoke to him and then continued on his way. Moments later the victim saw the man running up behind him and he was then grabbed, pushed up against a fence and the man demanded he hand over his valuables, who took out his wallet and threw it to the ground before being assaulted.
The victim fought back, punching the offender in the face, before making his escape, but then saw the man making off with his wallet, containing cards but no cash.
He sustained reddening to his face but was otherwise uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
The offender is described as white, in his 20s, around 5ft 10ins tall, of slim build, with close shaven hair and wearing a black leather jacket, blue jeans and trainers.
He may have sustained a facial injury as a result of the incident and police are asking anyone who may have information about what happened or the man involved to come forward.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
Anyone with information is asked to call Bury St Edmunds CID on 101, quoting crime number MH/15/604.