Driver suffers life-threatening injuries following crash on A120 at Great Bromley
- Credit: Archant
A motorist has suffered life-threatening injuries following a crash on the A120 near Colchester.
According to a spokesman for Essex Police, a black Citroen DS3 left the Colchester-bound carriageway near Great Bromley and collided with a HGV parked in a layby at around 11.20pm last night, Tuesday, May 28.
He said: "The driver of the Citroen has been taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries."
A spokesman for Highways England said that a stretch of the A120 was closed with traffic, with motorists guided on a diversionary route around the incident.
Police would like to speak to anyone who sat the Citreon and how it was being driven before the crash or has dash-cam footage of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
If you have any information about the collision call Essex Police on 101 quoting incident 1320 of May 28.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 3 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 4 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 5 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 6 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 7 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 10 Officers making 'significant progress' in Victoria Hall murder case