Police cordon in St Andrew’s Street South, Bury St Edmunds, following bus and pedestrian accident
- Credit: Mariam Ghaemi
A young woman has been taken to hospital after being involved in a collision with a bus in Bury St Edmunds.
It happened just after 3pm at the back of the Arc shopping centre in St Andrew’s Street South, next to Central Walk.
A police spokeswoman said there was some concern the woman, in her 20s, had hit her head on the windscreen of the bus.
An ambulance service spokesman said she had been taken to West Suffolk Hospital in the town, adding her condition does not appear to be critical.
A rapid response car, ambulance and officer attended the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The police have cordoned off the road opposite Central Walk and the road is closed from its junctions with King’s Road/Woolhall Street and Risbygate Street.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 9 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 Village pub given go-ahead to expand dining area