Taser drawn at man feared to be possessing knife
- Credit: PA
Police officers have drawn a Taser at a man following reports he was possessing a knife.
Police received reports a man was believed to be carrying a bladed weapon in Stowmarket shortly before 11.30am on Wednesday, January 29.
On attending, police drew a Taser at the man but did not fire the weapon.
The 32-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of possession of a bladed article/knife in a public place.
The man was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation where he remains awaiting questioning.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said: "Often when someone is confronted with the possibility that a Taser may be used against them, they are compliant without it having to actually be discharged."
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 4 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 6 "I love him... I think he’s absolutely brilliant' - Chaplin on Town boss McKenna
- 7 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss
- 8 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 9 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 10 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield