Taser drawn at man feared to be possessing knife
- Credit: PA
Police officers have drawn a Taser at a man following reports he was possessing a knife.
Police received reports a man was believed to be carrying a bladed weapon in Stowmarket shortly before 11.30am on Wednesday, January 29.
On attending, police drew a Taser at the man but did not fire the weapon.
The 32-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of possession of a bladed article/knife in a public place.
The man was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation where he remains awaiting questioning.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said: "Often when someone is confronted with the possibility that a Taser may be used against them, they are compliant without it having to actually be discharged."
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 9 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 10 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners