Police drop teen rape allegation probe
POLICE have dropped a rape investigation after it emerged a 15-year-old girl had not been subjected to “any form of attack”.
An investigation was launched after the girl was allegedly raped during a post-exam party attended by more than 100 teenagers.
The girl was found in a distressed state on Hardwick Heath, in Bury St Edmunds, shortly after 10pm last Friday.
She was taken to the West Suffolk Hospital, in Bury.
Police have now stated that no rape or attack had taken place.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for the police said the investigation had been “thorough” and that there was “no longer any evidence to suggest that the 15-year-old” had been “raped or was subject to any form of attack”.
The spokeswoman added: “The female is unable to recall the whole evening, and following initial inquiries a rape investigation was launched.
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 3 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 4 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 9 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 10 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
“The female has co-operated fully with the investigation team and the circumstances that gave rise to the investigation have been explained.”
Detective Inspector Steve Denham who led the investigation said: “Given the initial circumstances it was possible that an offence had been committed and we have a duty of care to any alleged victim to establish if this is the case.
“A robust investigation has fully explained the initial concerns and the female is very reassured by this.”