Helicopter and police dogs called in search for driver behind Lakenheath car crash
- Credit: Archant
Two police dogs and a police helicopter had to be called after a man fled the scene of a car crash in Lakenheath in the early hours of this morning.
Officers were out on patrol at around 12.50am when they encountered the abandoned vehicle which had crashed.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said the man “had decamped from the vehicle and ran off into the countryside”.
Norfolk and Suffolk Police Dog’s PD Kaiser and PD Nemo, who were helped from the air by the police helicopter from Boreham, Essex, were called to help.
PD Nemo located the man and he was arrested at 1.35am on suspicion of drink driving and driving without motor insurance.
You may also want to watch:
It was initially believed the vehicle may have been stolen from Norfolk but it is no longer thought to be the case.
He was taken to hospital for treatment and was subsequently de-arrested.
- 1 Man dies following collision on A12
- 2 'Cook changes it for Ipswich... I never thought it would happen for them before' - Gillingham boss Evans
- 3 Mouldy scone leads to bakery firm being fined £9k for hygiene breaches
- 4 'I have a clear style of play... that will be evident from day one' - Cook on Town's identity
- 5 'Landmark' refusal of 18 homes in Suffolk village aided by community
- 6 New collision beams 'catching drivers out' at Suffolk's 'most bashed' bridge
- 7 A134 to close for resurfacing works taking drivers on 4-mile diversion
- 8 Filming for new TV detective thriller to take place in Suffolk
- 9 Owner on 'sad' decision to close popular restaurant
- 10 Horse found abandoned in field so over-bred rescuers thought she was a cow
The spokesman added: “He will now be reported for consideration of motoring offences.”