Police helicopter searches for suspect on the run in Colchester
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
A police helicopter was used to help search for a male suspect last night after reports a woman had been threatened in Colchester.
Witnesses reported seeing the helicopter at around 8pm on Monday evening, hovering over parts of Greenstead, Turner Road and Highwoods Country Park.
Essex Police confirmed the helicopter had been launched to try and locate a suspect in an ongoing incident.
A spokesman said: “We were contacted shortly after 7.20pm on Monday, September 28 with reports a woman had been threatened in Roach Vale, Colchester.
“He left before officers arrived and a search was carried out, with the assistance of a police helicopter. Enquiries remain ongoing.”
You may also want to watch:
According to reports, armed officers were also seen on the ground in the Greenstead area.
Police confirmed enquiries into the incident are continuing.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 6 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 10 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk