Travellers evicted from Suffolk playing fields
- Credit: Archant
A group of travellers who set up camp on playing fields in Mildenhall are being evicted today after the council took action.
Suffolk police are assisting bailiffs and the parish council with the eviction after a number of caravans appeared at the town's Jubilee Playing Fields on Thursday.
Mildenhall High Town Council, who own the land, served a notice yesterday demanding the group left the fields, but have been forced to hire bailiffs after the travellers did not leave.
Mildenhall police tweeted that officers were helping bailiffs and the council with the eviction.
Mildenhall High Town Council did not want to comment while the eviction was ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: "Police are aware of a traveller encampment at Jubilee Fields in Mildenhall and are working with the local council and partner agencies under agreed protocols around unauthorised encampments."
- 1 Ed Sheeran announces 5 extra Wembley shows in 2022 tour
- 2 OPINION: Kindness and understanding can help to fix any UK crisis
- 3 How many of these 127 Great Taste Award-winning products have you tried?
- 4 'Farts can travel about 10 feet per second; mine were faster'
- 5 Ipswich man led police on 55 mile chase at 120mph
- 6 Fuller Flavour: We simply have to beat Doncaster
- 7 Could it be next summer before Suffolk gets more NHS dentists?
- 8 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 9 Village's long-awaited community facility one step closer
- 10 Logan's London to Brighton tribute cycle leaves people in 'awe'