Police hunt for escaped prisoner
Police are appealing for help in tracing a prisoner who absconded while on day release.David Matthew Ambler, 31, was being escorted to an address in Brandon when he ran off along St Margaret's Drive at 11.
Police are appealing for help in tracing a prisoner who absconded while on day release.
David Matthew Ambler, 31, was being escorted to an address in Brandon when he ran off along St Margaret's Drive at 11.45am today.
Ambler is serving a three year sentence for robbery at a secure unit in London.
He is described as white, 5ft 7ins tall, weighing 100kg, with brown eyes and short cropped greying hair.
He has a tattoo on the back of his left calf.
When last seen, he was wearing a black top, black jeans and black trainers.
- 1 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 4 Seven players who could leave Ipswich Town this summer
- 5 Boy, 10, asked to get in car by two men near Sudbury
- 6 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 7 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
- 8 Boss McKenna on Town's 'challenging and important' pre-season schedule
- 9 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 10 Conveyor belt which carried pig carcases across Suffolk A-road is demolished
Police have been searching the area where Ambler ran off and have been making house to house inquiries.
Anyone who sees Ambler is advised not to approach him but contact police immediately on 01473-613500.