Police hunt for escaped prisoner
Police are appealing for help in tracing a prisoner who absconded while on day release.David Matthew Ambler, 31, was being escorted to an address in Brandon when he ran off along St Margaret's Drive at 11.
Police are appealing for help in tracing a prisoner who absconded while on day release.
David Matthew Ambler, 31, was being escorted to an address in Brandon when he ran off along St Margaret's Drive at 11.45am today.
Ambler is serving a three year sentence for robbery at a secure unit in London.
He is described as white, 5ft 7ins tall, weighing 100kg, with brown eyes and short cropped greying hair.
You may also want to watch:
He has a tattoo on the back of his left calf.
When last seen, he was wearing a black top, black jeans and black trainers.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 4 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 5 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 9 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 10 Town remain in talks with Edwards over new deal
Police have been searching the area where Ambler ran off and have been making house to house inquiries.
Anyone who sees Ambler is advised not to approach him but contact police immediately on 01473-613500.