Police hunt 'mystery pensioner'
POLICE are trying to track down a mystery pensioner who took a coach trip but never returned.The trip from Writtle, near Chelmsford, was taking a group of pensioners to Saffron Walden for shopping in the town followed by a tour of Audley End.
POLICE are trying to track down a mystery pensioner who took a coach trip but never returned.
The trip from Writtle, near Chelmsford, was taking a group of pensioners to Saffron Walden for shopping in the town followed by a tour of Audley End.
Some 77 people on a Saga holiday had signed up for the trip on Saturday but when the rep did a head count one extra woman was on board.
The rep assumed there had been a mix-up and the coach set off with the extra woman, aged in her 80s on board. The rep took down her name as Mrs McNola, but it could be a variation of that such as Mrs McNolan.
You may also want to watch:
After a morning's shopping in Saffron Walden, the original group of 77 pensioners returned to the coach ready for the afternoon trip, but Mrs McNola was nowhere to be seen.
A search was mounted for an hour, but she could not be found, so the tour continued, having notified the police of Mrs McNola's disappearance. The woman, who had short grey hair and a walking stick, has not been seen since.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 7 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 8 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 9 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
Yesterday an Essex Police spokeswoman said: “Apart from searching Saffron Walden and checking missing person records and electoral registers, police have little to go on.
“The description is sparse and we have no personal details apart from a possible surname.
“We would ask anyone who owns a care home establishment or has an elderly relative of this vague description or surname to check to see if they are where they should be.”
Anyone who can help police with identifying this woman or can reassure police she is safe and well is asked to contact Saffron Walden police on 01799 513232