Police hunt shoeless knife man
POLICE have today issued an appeal to people in Capel St Mary following reports of a man carrying a knife.
POLICE today issued an appeal to people in Capel St Mary following reports of a man carrying a knife.
Officers were called to the Co-op in The Street at 1.42pm where a white man wearing a red hooded top was reported to be carrying a knife.
The man, who is described as being around 5ft 6ins tall, with short dark hair, reportedly ran off without shoes on.
Capel resident David Beeching saw the drama unfold from a parking bay opposite the Co-op. “I heard there was a fight and that someone had pulled a knife out,” he said. “I don't think it was used before he ran off.
You may also want to watch:
“There was a police car parked in a bay in Thorney Road and two more cars at the back entrance to the school behind the Co-op.
“The helicopter was also up and it went off in the direction of East Bergholt.”
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 6 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
Officers made enquiries at the scene and warned anyone who is approached by the man to call 999 immediately.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Police said the man is also recognisable by having a speech impediment.