Man suffers head injuries in Colchester assault
- Credit: Archant
A man has suffered head injuries following an early morning assault in Colchester.
Police attended the scene at around 1.50am today, Thursday February 28, after receiving reports of an assault in Queen Street, close to the town centre.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: “We were called to reports of an assault in Queen Street, Colchester, just after 1.50am this morning, February 28.
“The victim, a man aged in his 20s, was been taken to hospital with head injuries that are not life-threatening or life-changing.
“He has since been discharged.
You may also want to watch:
“A 21-year-old man from Bristol has been arrested on suspicion of assault and remains in custody while our enquiries continue.”
- 1 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 2 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 3 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 9 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 10 Fiat 500 on its side after crash in Woodbridge