Police investigate death mystery
POLICE cordoned off a property in Bury St Edmunds after a man's body was discovered in a property.
POLICE have revealed that they are not treating the discovery of a man's body in a town centre property as suspicious.
A cordon around the property in Northgate Street, Bury St Edmunds, has now been taken down after police were called at 10am today to a report of a “sudden death” of a man in his 50s.
In a statement released this afternoon, a spokesman for Suffolk police said: “Further inquiries have now been carried out at the property on Northgate Street where a man in his 50s was found deceased this morning.
You may also want to watch:
“Whilst the death remains unexplained, there are not thought to be any suspicious circumstances. The death is now being referred to the coroner.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 Exit Interview: Ward was the model pro who started fast but simply ran out of steam