Police investigate incident at Martins store in Saxmundham
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating a possible assault with intent to rob after an incident at the Martins store in Saxmundham Market Place.
The incident happened yesterday between 5.30pm and 5.50pm yesterday, when a member of staff – a man in his 40s – was leaving the shop via the back of the premises but as he walked out he was struck on the forehead.
The member of staff fell backwards into the shop and as he did so he instinctively kicked the door shut behind him, which is believed to have prevented anyone gaining entry to the premises.
The alarm was triggered in the process of the incident and the staff member alerted police.
The victim sustained a cut above his eye, swelling to his face and a possible arm injury as he fell and was taken to Ipswich Hospital for treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are now investigating the incident as an assault with intent to rob and are asking anyone who may have been in the area around this time to come forward with information.
Anyone in the area at the times stated or with any information about the incident has been asked to call Suffolk Coastal CID on 101 and quoting crime number LE/15/163.
- 1 Body found in the River Orwell
- 2 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 5 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
- 7 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 8 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash