Police investigate reports of sexual offences at former school in Halstead during the 1980s and 1990s
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating reports of sexual offences alleged to have taken place at a former school in Halstead in Essex during the 1980s and 1990s.
Essex Police received reports of the offences in May and June of this year, which are said to have happened between 1985 and 1993 at the former Greenwoods School.
A 58-year-old man from Norfolk, who lived locally to the school at the time, has been arrested on suspicion of rape and is currently on police bail.
Detective Constable Jessica Bifield, from the Chelmsford Child Abuse Investigation Team, said: “These are really serious allegations and I need to speak to anyone who went to Greenwoods during this time period who may know something about them.
“I want to speak to former pupils, teachers and other members of staff.
You may also want to watch:
“If you have any information which may help this investigation or if you want to report any offences, please contact me.”
If you have any information, you can contact Dc Bifield at the Chelmsford CAIT on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 7 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 8 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 10 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy